Create your online course in 7 weeks: Module 3
Welcome back! This video will recap Module 2 and introduce module 3:
[fvplayer src=”https://s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/fv-player-bucket/mod+3+vid+1.mp4″ splash=”http://www.totallycourses.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/how-to-make-an-online-course-module-3.jpg” width=”640″ height=”360″]If you have any questions or any technical problems, please create a support ticket at totallyplr.freshdesk.com.
When you’ve competed this module and all the activities, create (or reply to) a case at totallyplr.freshdesk.com telling me a little about what you’ve done and I’ll send you the next one.
Enjoy module 3!
Module 3 Part 1
[fvplayer src=”https://s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/fv-player-bucket/mod+3+vid+2.mp4″ splash=”http://www.totallycourses.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/how-to-make-an-online-course-module-3.jpg” width=”640″ height=”360″]
- Complete your course planner as fully as you can. You can download the file in Word format here.
Module 3 Part 2
[fvplayer src=”https://s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/fv-player-bucket/mod+3+vid+3.mp4″ splash=”http://www.totallycourses.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/how-to-make-an-online-course-module-3.jpg” width=”640″ height=”360″]
Free PowerPoint and Google Slides templates from Slides Carnival
Presenter Media, where I get my PowerPoint templates
- Create the slides for your videos. This could take a while, so allow plenty of time and take regular breaks.
- If you get stuck, leave that video and come back to it later.
- Don’t over-think it!
- Now try recording your first video. This is just for practice and it doesn’t matter if you don’t like the end result. You’ll get better, I promise!
- Next week we’ll record the videos for real – is there anything you need to do to be ready for that? E.g. more practice, reduce background noise, speak more clearly…
- If you find you have a loud sound when you say the letter ‘p’ into your microphone, try moving away from the microphone. If that still doesn’t work then you may like to pick up a pop filter, which is a piece of mesh fabric stretched over a ring that sits in front of your mic. You can buy them cheaply at Amazon.
- Screencast-O-Matic tutorial videos are here – help.screencast-o-matic.com
News, 29 May 2017
I’ve just received an email from Zenler with details of a pricing change. Up until now the charges have been 10% of the course fees (paid by your students).
New pricing structure for all sales is:
- Zenler Transaction Fees: 10% commission + $1 (Base flat fee)
- Payment Processing Charges for Paypal.
I’m not too surprised as Zenler was – in my opinion, anyway! – the best value compared to Thinkific and Teachable. In fact, I wasn’t sure how they could offer all the features they do for just 10%. There’s more to making a choice than just price, it’s important to weigh up the features too. Personally, I still feel Zenler is the best choice if you need a platform to handle your EU VAT for you.